Monday, April 23, 2007

To switch, or not to switch.


On launch day why back when, I created my Hunter. I would soon to choose leatherworking as my profession as I felt it best suited me. I always play a Hunter in all of my MMO's. Since my very first one, DAoC way back in 2002. Anyways.. back on topic. I've found out that Leatherworking is not very enjoyable, useful or otherwise profitable to me or the general population of Azeroth.

TBC expansion added some pretty nice armor kits.. other than that the items i can craft are basically useless and the mats to create them outweigh the stats and/or time to farm them because no one will be willing to pay for that time for an sub-par album. One thing i enjoyed about playing Dark Age of Camelot is that the player crafted items were the best items in game. They had a very sophisticated system, and it really felt like a good thing to level up those skills.

I have almost all of the leatherworking patterns, and are just about maxed out to 375. I'm carefully weighing the odds of switching to another profession. The mainstream Alchemy seems the best route. It seems the most useful, and defiantly has potential to be profitable.. but it seems the hardest to get materials for, since 1/3 people i run into are alchemists.

I'm glad they are improving the drop rate of leather. Since i only have 2 other leather wearing alts, a rogue & a druid. I'm considering just making the best sets of armor for those two classes. A yacht-load of armor kits, leather balls & more armor kits just to save & used as needed... Drop it altogether and than go alchemy.

I already have an alt alchemist, and a 300 tailor bot, and a second herbalist. I guess i could skill up but that would take a whole lot of time and effort on my behalf to have to really play 2 characters all the time.

So I'm going to do some research and see whats up and if i should really make than an honest consideration... One other bad thing i see is; getting those recipes from instances that no one ever runs anymore.. strat.. scholo :(