Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!


I just recently re-activated my account a mere few days after the release of Cataclysm. There has been so many changes since I last played that I am still catching up.

First, no more ammo needed for hunters? Um hello! Now can we please be reimbursed for all of those arrows that we required over the years. :D Seriously though, what a nice surprise. I also recently discovered that you no longer need to carry around flint & simple wood to start campfires. This is bittersweet to me because I am beyond nerdy and like having to re-up my wood and I do an awful lot of cooking (and selling) in game. I like 2 more free bag slots though :)

Quest tracking! It's insane. It's like auto-pilot, easy mode, win button, etc. I LOVE the fact that all of the quests appear on the map. I love the highlighted areas, everything. It just makes questing so much easier and less tedious. That feature ALONE is what has renewed my biggest interest in the game. I am still trying to catch up from quitting at level 74 years ago. I am now trying to convince my husband to please give WOW another shot, but he's not budging... yet.

I almost forgot - Removed the Hunter's mana pool and replace it with a highly regenerate "focus" pool. OH MY GOODNESS!
I've always felt that we Hunters got the shaft having to carry around a quiver full of arrows, and water for mana, plus all of our other goodies. I should of been paying attention to all of this while I was not playing, I may have come back sooner.

Being able to switch to either of the dual specs at any given moment, as many times as I want. This solves so many issues of wanting to be able to RAID, PVP, & PVE solo. Thank you Blizzard, my hats off to you!

5 hunter pets to call at any given time.

HUNTERS.GOT.SOME.LOVE.

PS. I just put the armory on my iPhone and must say that Blizzard did an EXCELLENT job on it! I would expect nothing less, but in all honesty - great features. I just wish I could see my Pets and their stats too!

PPS. This post couldn't be ALL positive right? There is a downside to coming back after quitting. All of my friends are gone. My guild is gone. Greens are showing better replacement's for my Epics and I have no idea where anything is anymore!

No comments: